Health Foundation Nepal is a non-partisan, apolitical, and non-profit organization consisting of individuals committed to improving the health and well-being of Nepal’s most deserving people. It is registered in both the United States and Nepal, and it provides health care through an integrated health approach in collaboration with local community-based organizations. It operates through a Nepal office in Kathmandu.
In early 2012, a group of young Nepalese health professionals living in the United States and health professionals from the United States interested in enhancing Nepal’s health and development met to discuss ways they could help the country and make a significant impact on the people. They chose to do so by providing clinical care and establishing community-based public health programs.
Health Foundation Nepal was founded in 2013 with the mission of advocating for public health policies and programs that promote the health and well-being of underserved people in Nepal’s rural and urban areas, allowing them to reach their full potential.
- Provide financial and technical assistance to community-based organizations
- Conduct public health research
- Provide direct clinical care through a comprehensive primary health care approach
Our Approach and Expertise:
- Basic Primary Clinical Service and Mental Health services
- Safe Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) in Public HFs
- Health Education, Health technology, and informatics
- Nutrition, Child Health, Maternal and Safe Motherhood Health Program
- Family Planning and Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Women’s and Gender Issues
- Research (Observational and Intervention Studies)
- Disaster/Pandemic Response (Humanitarian Support)
- Evaluative Studies- Baseline, Midterm, and End line Survey